This may be way off the mark, it's just a starting point.
- Mentor writes ‘Awesome Task’. In the 2008 GHOP organizations wrote their tasks on a wiki first, because once in the tracker the task could not be edited. We'll be writing tasks in Melange.
- Admin Adam notices that there are more than 102 tasks, and deletes some. However ‘Awesome Task’ survives.
... wait some time ... GHOP announced ... site goes live ...
- Student Anna marks the task as ‘requested’ and starts work on it (even though it hasn't been confirmed that it is claimed)
- Student Zing tries to claim the task too, but he got there too late. :-(
- Mentor Michael marks ‘Awesome Task’ as claimed by Anna.
- Anna posts some work in progress.
- Michael gives some feedback by e-mail - the task is harder than Anna had thought.
- Anna notices that a task involving translating the Awesome Code manual into Inuit has just come free, and decides she'd really rather work on that. She marks the task as open again.
- 3 minutes later Zing requests the task and starts working on it. He looks at what Anna has done previously and Micheals comments. He's off to a good start.
- Michael marks the task as claimed by Zing and sends him some e-mail with some more advice about how to tackle it.
- Admin Adam notices that “Awesome Task” was abandoned, and has a gTalk chat with Michael about it. Sounds like the students are doing fine. No problem.
- Michael sends an e-mail reminder to Zing, there‘s only 12hrs to go for this task and Michael’s had no contact from him. Is everything OK? He also gives Zing the e-mail of a mentor who is in Zing's time zone.
- Zing says he had some trouble compiling the WOMBAT driver, but has that part done now, and asks for a 24 hour extension to complete the task. Michael says ‘fine, no problem’.
- With 12 minutes to spare Zing submits his completed work on “Awesome Task” to Melange.
- Michael has a gTalk discussion about Zing's work with Adam. Awesome Task was a lot harder task than intended, and Zing has only just about done it. They decide to count it as done.
- Zing cannot claim a new task until the task he has ‘completed’ is reviewed.
Add questions about the life of “Awesome Task” here.
Q: Are there tasks such as ‘Do a presentation on Drupal at Your School’ for which it makes sense to allow multiple people to do them?